Plastic bearings-As the name suggests, the materials used in the bearings are: engineering plastic materials. The bearing inner ring, bearing outer ring, and cage are all engineering plastic materials. The bearing rolling elements include glass balls, plastic balls, or stainless steel balls.
Plastic bearings currently in use can generally be divided into plastic rolling bearings and plastic sliding bearings. In recent years, engineering plastic products have been used more and more widely due to their excellent properties. Engineering plastics have broad application prospects in bearings, and plastic bearings are being welcomed by more and more users.
There are differences between plastic bearings and metal sliding bearings:
1. The entire plastic bearing is made of lubricating material and has a long service life; while the lubricating layer of metal sliding bearing is only 0.003mm PTFE on the surface, when this thin layer of friction is finished, it will declare the end of the service life;
2. Plastic bearings will not rust and are resistant to corrosion during use, while metal bearings are easy to rust and cannot be used in chemical liquids;
3. The quality of plastic bearings is lighter than metal, which is more suitable for the trend of modern lightweight design;
4. The manufacturing cost of plastic bearings is lower than that of metals; plastic bearings are processed by injection molding and are more suitable for mass production;
5. The plastic bearing has no noise during operation and has a certain vibration absorption function;
Classification of plastic bearings
1. POM plastic bearing, PP plastic bearing
2. HDPE, PP, UPE plastic bearings
3. PTFE high temperature and corrosion resistant plastic bearings
In recent years, engineering plastic products have been used more and more widely due to their excellent properties. Engineering plastics have broad application prospects in bearings, and plastic bearings are being welcomed by more and more users.
Because engineering plastics have excellent self-lubrication, wear resistance, low friction and special anti-seizure characteristics, they can work normally even under poor lubrication conditions, so it is very ideal as a bearing material. Therefore, for relevant plastic companies, seizing market opportunities and developing related plastic bearing products has a huge market prospect.